Recently Boston Stone Restoration was contacted by the Physics Department at Harvard University to restore several bathrooms and a set of slate stairs in one of the lab buildings. Many of the buildings at Harvard are very old and, by Harvard standards the Lyman Lab is actually quite young. Completed in 1931, the Research Laboratory of Physics opened at Harvard. Theodore Lyman was the first director. In 1947, the lab was renamed the Lyman Laboratory of Physics. Never the less, it was time for some seriously cleaning and restoration of the terrazzo bathrooms and the Vermont slate stairway.