Did you know you can restore your Corian countertops much like we restore stone surfaces? If you are looking for a DIY solution, try the following tips for restoring Corian countertops:
As always – if you don’t have the time or inclination to do your own Corian refinishing, give us a call 781-793-0700 or message. Our professional restoration team can usually restore those counters in no time!
DIY Corian Restoration Steps
- Clean the surface: First, remove any dirt or debris from the countertop using a soft cloth and a mild detergent.
- Sand the surface: If the countertop has deep scratches or stains, you may need to sand the surface to smooth it out. Use a fine grit sandpaper and sand in the direction of the grain.
- Wipe down the surface: After sanding, wipe down the countertop with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Apply a repair compound: If the countertop has deep scratches or chips, you can use a repair compound to fill in the damage. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying the compound.
- Sand the repair: Once the repair compound has dried, sand it smooth using a fine grit sandpaper.
- Buff the surface: Use a soft cloth to buff the countertop to a shine.
That’s it! With some elbow grease, time and the right tools, you can restore your Corian countertops to their original beauty.