When we visit events, home shows and conferences, we inevitably meet people who have never heard of stone restoration. It’s also true that once they know, they love that a service exists that will professionally restore stone surfaces and protect stone counters, tiles and floors. So we decided to draft up a blog post that explains how hiring a stone restoration team typically works.
If you are thinking about hiring a stone restoration company in greater Boston, Cape Cod and Islands, Rhode Island or Connecticut – give us a call!
Assessment: Review stone type, damage, identify issues
- Assess etching, scratches, dulling, staining, chips, seams and any other issues
- Review how and why the damage accumulated
- Evaluate stone type
- Recommend options
Create a restoration plan & quote
- A stone care expert will send or present to you a strategy for restoration
- Recommend any coatings or sealers that make sense
- Offer a written quote and recommend dates to do the work
Remove the stone damage
- Protect the space to ensure the property is not damaged in the process
- Using various machines, we often start by removing a layer of stone starting at 1/132″
- Remove progressively until surface is perfect
Restore or change the stone finish
- The stone care professional can create the perfect finish, from glossy, to matte, honed, brushed, satin, or natural
Education! Recommended care strategy, review preventative measures
- Assess the use of the stone, high traffic, low traffic, food proximity, humidity, etc.
- Apply coatings or sealers that make sense
- Recommend a cleaning strategy and long term expectations