We see people on our website and social media typing in the same question over and over, “how to remove scratches from marble.”
Sometimes we see people asking “companies that remove scratches from marble near me” people too, and that’s the crowd we are able to help right away.
No matter what the query, people are looking for help and sometimes its hard to phrase the search question correctly. So let us help:
DIY: How to remove scratches from marble
If you are looking to polish out your own marble, check out these steps, they cover the basics.
1. Clean your marble: Use a mixture of water and mild dish soap to gently cleanse the surface with a soft cloth.
2. Rinse the marble surface with a fresh soft cloth and water.
3. Buff marble with a dry soft cloth.
Sometimes a cleaning is all that is needed, if you still see scratches, you can try:
4. Gently rubbing the scratch with a piece of fine-grained sandpaper. Go easy!
5. Finish up with a marble polish, available in hardware and home stores.
But if you are one of those people looking for help from a professional, look no further than Boston Stone Restoration.
We handle the jobs in homes where marble floors or vanities have been roughed up by age or construction, we handle the big jobs in ancient buildings that are undergoing renovation, we even do historic spaces where our decades of experience really get called to action.
So how do we remove scratches and etching from marble?
1. We review the project carefully with the customer.
2. Create a plan for your stone, installation, project size and finish type.
3. Coordinate our team for the work, prep and cleanup plan and timeline (most jobs take less than a day or two).
4. When we start on the job site, we take great care to tape off and protect the surrounding space.
5. Follow careful COVID protocols.
6. Execute the stone restoration.
7. Clean up & leave your space sparkling.
If you have a space that would benefit from our marble scratch restoration services, reach out to 781-793-0700 for a complimentary estimate.