There is no denying it, winter is coming! Here are some important tips to protect your stone floors during the wet and snowy months ahead.
- This may seem like a no brainer, but ask guests to take their shoes off upon entering your home. All the sand and the salt and slush on roadways, driveways and walkways can wreak havoc on marble and natural stone floors.
- In addition to the fact that sand and salt are gritty and can scratch your floors, the salt can etch, or erode the finish of your floor.
- If you don’t feel comfortable having people remove their shoes, make sure you have plenty of door mats, and rugs in entryways for people to wipe their feet.
- You can also cover floors with decorative seasonal mats and rugs during the particularly messy weather.
- Lastly, try to resist mopping, gently sweep grit and dirt as quickly as possible to prevent scratching.
Do you have marble, granite or other natural stone problems and want to learn more? Check out our Common Stone Problems page or call us at (781) 793-0700.
Proper care will ensure a lifetime of beauty!
We make it a point to educate our customers on proper stone care. To keep your stone, tile & grout surfaces looking their best, follow some simple but important care instructions. Download our Stone and Tile Care Guide for all of our care tips and information.
Download our free stone care guide PDF for more information about taking care of your natural stone.